Ubisoft is pleased to reveal this week the release date for the much-awaited Far Cry 6 for PlayStation 5, PS4, Xbox Series, Xbox One, PC, and Stadia.
Fans of Far Cry can look forward to the much-awaited Far Cry 6 on October 7. It will feature an all-new revolution that focuses on Anton Castillo as he rose to power in the island nation of Yara.
Here’s an overview of the Far Cry 6, via Ubisoft:
Anton Castillo rose to power on the promise of restoring the once-prosperous island nation of Yara back to its former glory and plans to forge his vision of paradise by any means necessary. With his 13-year-old son Diego reluctantly following in his fatherâ€™s bloody footsteps, AntÃ³n has the future of Yara clenched tightly in his hands.
Yara lies in the heart of the Caribbean, a tropical paradise frozen in time. Decades of economic sanctions have devastated the nation, leaving it impoverished and divided. While some Yarans follow AntÃ³n blindly, others are subjugated in the name of restoring paradise. As the brutality of his rule reaches a fever pitch, outrage boils over and the fire of insurrection ignites across the country.
InÂ Far Cry 6, players are immersed in the adrenaline-filled, chaotic world of a modern-day guerrilla revolution. Engage AntÃ³nâ€™s regime in intense combat through lush jungles and decaying cities as Dani Rojas, a local Yaran swept up in the revolution. To even the odds against Castilloâ€™s military, youâ€™ll have to adopt the â€œresolverâ€ philosophy of using what you have to make what you need, employing an arsenal of unique and surprising new weapons, vehicles, and animal companions to ignite a revolutionary movement that will burn the tyrannical regime to the ground.
Ignite the Fight for Freedom
– Join the revolution and push back against the oppressive regime of dictator AntÃ³n Castillo and his teenage son Diego, brought to life by Hollywood stars Giancarlo Esposito (The Mandalorian, Breaking Bad) and Anthony Gonzalez (Coco).
– Dive into a blockbuster experience as Dani Rojas, a local Yaran defending their country from a tyrantâ€™s rule. Choose to play Dani as a woman or man and immerse yourself in the journey of a military dropout turned guerrilla revolutionary.
– Meet a colorful cast of unforgettable characters throughout the rich world of Yara, from Juan Cortez, a jaded ex-KGB spy and his pet crocodile Guapo, to irresistible wiener dog Chorizo.
Yara Torn Apart
– Explore the most expansiveÂ Far CryÂ playground to date, and traverse across the jungles, beaches, and decaying urban landscapes of an entire island nation.
– For the first time inÂ Far Cry, experience a whole island nation and its capital city of Esperanza under military lockdown. Take down AntÃ³n in the seat of his power by staying hidden or engaging AntÃ³nâ€™s army in an all-out firefight in the streets.
– From taking the reins of a horse to commandeering a tank, choose your favorite ride to navigate a world under the grip of AntÃ³n Castilloâ€™s regime. With AntÃ³nâ€™s army controlling the air, roads and seas of Yara, use a sprawling network of hidden guerrilla paths from past revolutions which will lead you to shortcuts and all sorts of valuable intel and loot.
Become a Resolver Guerrilla
– Jump into the action and chaos of guerrilla combat at the heart of a revolution. Stay in the shadows and hit where it hurts the most while gathering soldiers and resources to help you in the fight against AntÃ³n Castilloâ€™s regime.
– Embrace the Yaran culture of using what you have to make what you need by employing an arsenal of â€œresolverâ€ weapons and tools crafted by your guerrilla mentor Juan Cortez. From a motorcycle engine powered minigun to a homing missile throwing backpack, push the â€œresolverâ€ philosophy to the limit by inflicting chaos with everything youâ€™ve got.
– No guerrilla should go in alone, so pair up with an all-new animal companion like Chorizo, the adorable wiener dog no soldier can ignore. Or Guapo, Juanâ€™s soldier-hungry pet crocodile.
Check out below several trailers released today: