Capcom announced The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles today for PC, via Steam, PS4, and Switch.
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles will launch digitally on July 27 in the west for only $39.99 and July 29 in Japan for 4,990 yen. The game will also get a physical edition for both PS4 and Switch in Japan whereas only the Switch version in the west.
Here’s an overview of the game, via Capcom:
Get ready to cross-examine your opponents and reason your way to justice inÂ The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, releasing for the first time in North America and Europe on July 27, 2021. The collection tells the story of an ancestor of Phoenix Wright, the protagonist of the iconic Ace Attorney courtroom adventure series. InÂ The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, players take on the role of a defense attorney to track down evidence, argue in court and ensure a just ruling. Featuring newly recorded English voices,Â The Great Ace Attorney ChroniclesÂ includesÂ The Great Ace Attorney: AdventuresÂ andÂ The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve, both previously only available in Japan.
Set in the late 19th century during Japanâ€™s Meiji Period and Londonâ€™s Victorian era,Â The Great Ace Attorney ChroniclesÂ follows Ryunosuke Naruhodo as he works to sleuth out the truth in witnessesâ€™ testimonies and clear his clientsâ€™ names in court. Players will unravel the mysteries behind 10 thrilling cases and eight mini escapades filled with a zany cast of over-the-top charactersâ€”including local ace detective Herlock Sholmes.
– Two Games in OneÂ â€“ For the first time, players in North America and Europe will experience 10 thrilling episodes fromÂ The Great Ace Attorney: AdventuresÂ andÂ The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve, previously only available in Japan.
– Introducing an All-New CastÂ â€“ The collection follows Ryunosuke Naruhodo, an ancestor of Phoenix Wright, alongside a colorful new cast of characters including the quirky ace detective, Herlock Sholmes.
– New Gameplay MechanicsÂ â€“ The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles debuts two new gameplay experiences to raise the stakes in and out of the courtroom.
– Dance of DeductionÂ â€“ When conducting crime scene investigations, players will team up with Herlock Sholmes and deduce mistakes in the detectiveâ€™s overboard logic to uncover new facts.
– Summation ExaminationÂ â€“ During courtroom sequences, players must point out discrepancies among jurorsâ€™ arguments to make their defendantâ€™s case and ultimately secure a â€œNot Guiltyâ€ verdict.
– Art Gallery and AuditoriumÂ â€“ Experience the beautiful artwork, music and voice recordings ofÂ The Great Ace Attorney, presented in full-fledged galleries for players to enjoy.
– Bonus Content IncludedÂ â€“ In addition to the two games, the collection also includes exciting bonus content that was previously released as downloadable content or through special events in Japan.
– Eight additional mini-episodes.
– Two â€œSpecial Trialâ€ videos.
– Thirteen video clips from â€œRyunosuke Naruhodoâ€™s Seven Days of Sin.â€
– Three alternate costumes.
Check out below the announcement trailer: