Square Enix is pleased to announce today that Final Fantasy VIII Remastered is available now for smartphone devices via iOS and Android.
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered first debuted for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam back in September 2019. The mobile version is available now for $16.99 until April 4, then it will later change to $20.99 afterwards.
Here’s an overview of the iOS and Android version of Final Fantasy VIII Remastered:
Final Fantasy VIIIÂ was first released on February 11, 1999. Beloved by fans, this title has garnered a great deal of popularity even compared to other installments in theÂ Final FantasyÂ franchise, selling more than 9.6 million units worldwide. And now players can enjoyÂ Final Fantasy VIIIÂ on their smartphone! With renewed character CG, the world ofÂ Final Fantasy VIIIÂ is now more beautiful than ever before.
This installment is a remaster ofÂ Final Fantasy VIIIÂ for PC. This application is a one-time purchase. There will be no additional charge incurred after downloading.
It is a time of war.
The Republic of Galbadia, under the influence of the sorceress Edea, mobilizes its great armies against the other nations of the world.
Squall and other members of SeeD, an elite mercenary force, join hands with Rinoa, a resistance fighter, to fight against Galbadiaâ€™s tyrannical rule and to prevent Edea from fulfilling her ultimate goal.
â– Key Features
– Guardian Force (G.F.)Â â€“ G.F. are summoned creatures inÂ Final Fantasy VIIIÂ used to protect the protagonists. Call upon them in battle to unleash their might and to increase their power alongside player characters. By junctioning G.F., players will be able to enjoy greater freedom in how they approach battles.
– DrawingÂ â€“ Obtain magic inÂ Final Fantasy VIIIÂ by drawing (extracting) it in battle. MP does not exist and players are limited to the number they have in their possession. Magic that has been extracted can be released on the spot or stocked for later use.
– JunctioningÂ â€“ This system allows players to equip G.F. and stocked magic to characters in order to increase their power.
â– Additional Features
– Battle AssistÂ â€“ Max out HP and ATB gauge during battle and activate Limit Breaks at any time.
– No EncountersÂ â€“ Players can choose to turn Battle Encounters on or off.
– 3x SpeedÂ â€“ With the exception of certain cutscenes, players can choose to proceed through the game at 3x speed.
â– Please Read Before Playing
Entering or leaving vehicles such as cars and the Garden may occasionally get your character stuck between the vehicle and terrain features, or freeze the vehicle in place. This seems to happen more often when you leave your vehicle in close proximity to impassable terrain, or when you try to enter or leave your vehicle during certain scripted events. Currently, the only fix for this is to reload a previously saved game, so please make sure to save your progress often.
Some locations may be difficult to navigate using the Speed Boost (x3). We advise you to turn off this feature in such cases.
Make sure to check theÂ FAQ section of our support pageÂ for solutions to common issues.
We apologize for any inconvenience these issues may cause, and thank you again for your interest in our product.
Check out the trailer below: