Ubisoft announced today the post-launch plans for the upcoming Assassin’s Creed Valhalla that will be available next month.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be getting a Season Pass with two major expansions and four seasons of free content that includes in-game events, new settlement buildings, festivals, and more.
Additionally, sometime in 2021, Ubisoft will also be releasing “Discovery Tour” that allows players to explore the game in a conflict-free environment.
Below are the details of the upcoming contents for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla:
With the Season Pass, players will discover new territories and stories through two major expansions and an exclusive quest. Once available, expansions will be accessible early from within the structure of the main game, providing a meaningful story that adds to Valhallaâ€™s rich open world. In addition, all players will enjoy new free content through Seasons, with each Season lasting three monthsâ€”Season 1 will launch in December 2020, extending theÂ Assassinâ€™s Creed ValhallaÂ experience post-launch.
TheÂ Assassinâ€™s Creed ValhallaÂ Season Pass is included in theÂ Assassinâ€™s Creed ValhallaÂ Gold, Ultimate, and Collector Editions and is available for purchase separately for $39.99. The Season Pass includes:
– â€œThe Legend of Beowulfâ€ QuestÂ -In this exclusive quest, players will uncover the monstrous truth behind the legend of Beowulf, available on the launch day ofÂ Assassinâ€™s Creed Valhalla.
– â€œExpansion 1: Wrath of the Druidsâ€Â (Spring 2021) â€“ In this new adventure, players will journey to Ireland and unravel the mysteries of an ancient and mysterious druidic cult, tracking and discovering their members. Diving into Gaelic myths and folklores, theyâ€™ll need to fight their way through haunted forests and dazzling landscapes while gaining influence among Gaelic kings.
– â€œExpansion 2: The Siege of Parisâ€Â (Summer 2021) â€“ In â€œThe Siege of Paris,â€ players will have the chance to relive the most ambitious battle in Viking History with key historical figures of war-torn Frankia. During this key moment in history, players will infiltrate the fortified city of Paris and the River Seine under a prolonged siege, uncover enemy secrets, and form strategic alliances to safeguard their clanâ€™s future.
Free Seasonal Content (Season 1)
In addition, all players will have access to an extensive lineup of free seasonal content including new narrative content and in-game events available after launch. Each season will last three months and will come with exciting content, accessible to all player types and levels of progression, focused on gameplay and world evolution.
Season 1 will launch in December 2020 with the following content planned:
– A New Settlement AreaÂ â€“ Allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
– A Traditional Viking FestivalÂ â€“ The Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.
– A New Game ModeÂ â€“ The River Raids. Building on Valhallaâ€™s core raiding mechanic the mode will deliver a dynamic, challenging and highly replayable raid experience.
– The Addition of the Ranks for JomsvikingÂ â€“ InÂ Assassinâ€™s Creed ValhallaÂ players can not only create their lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew, but also recruit some from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature which will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank upâ€”the higher will be the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
Finally, as for each season, Season 1 will also come with new player skills and abilities, weapons and gear, and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse, and raven.
Free Seasonal Content (Season 2 + Onward)
Season 2 will launch in March 2021 with a new game mode that builds onÂ Assassinâ€™s Creed Valhallaâ€™s core combat experiences, a new Jomsviking update, festivals in the Settlement, new gear and cosmetic items, and more. More information about Season 3 and 4 will be come at a later time.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be available on November 10 for Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, PC, Stadia and Xbox One. For PlayStation 5 version, the game will be available in November.
Check out below the new trailer featuring the post-launch content for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: