Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and developer NetherRealm Studios are pleased to announce today that a new expansion for Mortal Kombat 11 called Aftermath will be released on May 26.
The upcoming Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath expansion will feature a new cinematic story, three new skins, and three new characters (Fujin, Sheeva, and guest character Robocop.) The expansion will retail for $39.99.
Additionally, a Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Kollection will be available that includes the base game, ‘Kombat Pack’ downloadable content, and the upcoming Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath expansion. It will be available digitally at launch and physically in June only in North America for $59.99.
Alongside the release of the expansion, a free update will be released that adds new stages “Klassic Dead Pool” and “Soul Chamber”, new stage fatalities, and the popular Friendships feature.
Find below the overview of the game, via Warner Bros:
Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath is a new expansion for the hit videogame,Â Mortal Kombat 11, the best-selling title in franchise history that was named Fighting Game of the Year at the 2019 D.I.C.E. Awards. Developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios,Â Mortal Kombat 11: AftermathÂ expands the critically acclaimed story campaign with an all-new, cinematic narrative centered around trust and deceit, while also adding new playable characters in returningÂ Mortal KombatÂ fighters, Fujin and Sheeva, and guest character, RoboCop, who is making his series debut.
– Franchise-First Story ExpansionÂ â€“ The critically acclaimed story campaign continues with an all-new cinematic narrative that picks up directly whereÂ Mortal Kombat 11Â left off. Fire God Liu Kang, the new keeper of time and protector of Earthrealm, must now enlist the help of unlikely allies and familiar foes to forge a new history as the fate of two worlds hang in the balance.
– Exciting New Characters Join the RosterÂ â€“ New playable characters join the fight with the triumphant return of Fujin, the God of Wind who serves as Earthrealmâ€™s protector alongside his brother Raiden, and Sheeva, the fourarmed, half-human and half-dragon queen of the ancient Shokan race. RoboCop, the iconic, highly advanced cybernetic police officer, makes his first appearance in the franchise, continuing the pedigree of popularÂ Mortal KombatÂ guest fighters. RoboCop inÂ Mortal Kombat 11: AftermathÂ features the voice and likeness of actor Peter Weller, who portrayed the popular character in both the originalÂ RoboCopÂ (1987) film andÂ RoboCop 2Â (1990) sequel.Â Mortal Kombat 11: AftermathÂ will also include three new character skin packs to be released over time.
– Fan-Favorite Stages, Stage Fatalities & Friendships ReturnÂ â€“ In conjunction with theÂ Mortal Kombat 11: AftermathÂ release, allÂ Mortal Kombat 11Â owners will have access to a free content update featuring new Stages, including the return of the Klassic Dead Pool and Soul Chamber arenas; Stage Fatalities, the fan-favorite finishing moves that use the environment to destroy opponents; and the popular Friendships feature, allowing players to take down their adversaries with a hint of kindness.
– New Players Can Join the Fight withÂ Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath KollectionÂ â€“ Offers the perfect opportunity for new players to join the fight, featuring all characters, story content, game modes and pre-order bonuses in one ultimate package. This compilation includesÂ Mortal Kombat 11Â along with all content fromÂ Mortal Kombat 11: AftermathÂ and the previously releasedÂ Mortal Kombat 11Â Kombat Pack, containing six playable charactersâ€”Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Sindel, Terminator T-800, The Joker and Spawn â€“ plus 25 additional character skins. TheÂ Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath KollectionÂ can be pre-ordered for $59.99 (SRP) with digital pre-orders offering immediate access toÂ Mortal Kombat 11Â and the Kombat Pack upon purchase. The physical version will be available this June in the Americas only.
– Upgrade Options for CurrentÂ Mortal Kombat 11Â OwnersÂ â€“ Those who have already purchasedÂ Mortal Kombat 11Â can pre-order theÂ Mortal Kombat 11 AftermathÂ expansion for $39.99 (SRP) or theÂ Mortal Kombat 11: AftermathÂ + Kombat Pack Bundle for $49.99 (SRP).
– Pre-order for Exclusive ContentÂ â€“ All preorders* receive the Eternal Klash Skin Pack at launch, featuring three new character skin variants â€“ â€œUnbound Rageâ€ Scorpion inspired byÂ Mortal KombatÂ (2011), â€œSon of Arctikaâ€ Sub-Zero inspired byÂ Mortal Kombat: DeceptionÂ and â€œKori Powerâ€ Frost, a Klassic version of the Lin Kuie warrior.
Best-In-Class, Brutal KombatÂ â€“Â Mortal Kombat 11Â is the latest installment in the critically acclaimed franchise, providing a deeper and more personalized experience than ever before. The best-selling title is packed to the brim with multiple features and modes for all players, including the Story mode, Custom Character Variation System, Towers of Time, Kombat League, The Krypt and the signature roster returning and franchise-first fighters, all equipped with powerful Krushing Blows and unique Fatalities that display devastatingly brutal cinematic visuals.
Mortal Kombat 11 is available now for PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch, and Stadia.
Check out the official reveal trailer below: