At first glance, combat in Devil May Cry 5 may be easy as players can simply just button-mash their way up to mission twenty and call it a day. Unfortunately, it won’t work that way in a Devil May Cry game as the way you play, you will be ranked on how proficient you are in combat during the mission and at the end of it.
For veterans of the series, it’s imperative for them to master the combos and learn each of the moves of the characters in order to achieve a good combo ranking. The better you are in combat, the better your rankings are. The highest combo ranking that you can get in Devil May Cry 5 is SSS, while the lowest is D. For newcomers, they might just disregard this but really, it’s easy to get a SSS and we are here to tell you what is the criteria to achieve that SSS combo.
Tips on How to achieve a SSS Combo:
- Familiarize with the skill sets: Before you play, have a look at the list of moves/skills that each of the three characters that you can use. There will be a time where one of the three will be easier to achieve the SSS ranking all the time while other will have a deep learning curve. For me, it was V that was the most easiest to achieve the SSS combo at any mission.
- Practice in The Void: Once you familiarized yourself with the skills/moves of the characters, it’s time to practice. If you don’t want to go right away into battle, there’s a special area called The Void where you can practice. Take as much time as you can to practice.
- Chain your Skills: Assuming you have learned and mastered the skills/moves of the character, it’s time to put them to use in battle. Now, when you are fighting an enemy, remember to not keep using the same move over and over again. Learn to chain the skills/moves and perform a devastating combo. It might seem off at some point you are attacking an enemy, but the game ranks you on how you chain your skills/moves in the game.
- Don’t Get Hit: As you are enjoying your way in dealing massive damage to an enemy and chaining that skills/moves, remember to never get hit by anyone. Every time you get hit, your combo ranking goes down by one or it can go back to D.
- Keep Fighting: Don’t let yourself rest at some point where you are in the middle of the battle. When you look at the ranking on the middle right-hand side of the screen where the ranking is displayed, it has a gauge that drops down whenever you are not hitting an enemy. Keep the gauge up as much as possible to proceed to the next combo rank and do not let yourself get hit.
At the end of each wave, your combo ranking will be converted to Stylish Points. These stylish points will add up for each of the fights that you get in a mission and you will be given a final rank. The more SSS combo rank you perform, your overall ranking at each mission will be better as they will average it.