Apex Legends is available now across all major platforms; PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. While the game is a free-to-play, expect it to have microtransactions similar to other battle-royale game.
Here’s an overview of the game:
Conquer with character inÂ Apex Legends, a free-to-play Battle Royale shooter where legendary characters with powerful abilities team up to battle for fame and fortune on the fringes of the Frontier. Master an ever-growing roster of diverse Legends, deep tactical squad play and bold new innovations that level up the Battle Royale experienceâ€”all within a rugged world where anything goes. Welcome to the next evolution of Battle Royale.
- A Roster of Legendary CharactersÂ â€“ Master a growing roster of powerful Legends, each with their own unique personality, strengths and abilities that are easy to pick up but challenging to truly master.
- Build Your CrewÂ â€“ Choose your Legend and combine their unique skills together with other players to form the ultimate crew.
- Strategic Battle RoyaleÂ â€“ Use your abilitiesâ€“and your witsâ€“to make strategic calls on the fly, adapting your crewâ€™s strengths to meet new challenges as the match evolves.
- Genre-Evolving InnovationÂ â€“ Experience a brand-new array of innovative features that level up the Battle Royale genre, including Respawn Beacons, Smart Comms, Intelligent Inventory and an all-new way to drop into the action with Jumpmaster deployment.
- Sweet, Sweet LootÂ â€“ Drop in and loot up with a host of powerful weapons, diverse attachments and useful armor to protect you in battle. After the fight, collect a wealth of cosmetic options for personalizing your character and weapons, and unlock new ways to show off during the match.
Before the release of Apex Legends, there was a rumor floating that Respawn Entertainment is working on Titanfafll 3. Unfortunately, they are not and Apex Legends is the one they were working on and not Titanfall 3.Â â€œThe world thinks weâ€™re makingÂ Titanfall 3Â and weâ€™re notâ€”this is what weâ€™re making,â€ McCoy said. â€œTo try and convince a skeptical audience for months with trailers and hands-on articles, weâ€™re just like, â€˜Let the game speak for itselfâ€™â€”itâ€™s the most powerful antidote to potential problems. Weâ€™re doing a free to play game, with essentially loot boxes, after we were bought by EA, and itâ€™s notÂ Titanfall 3. Itâ€™s the perfect recipe for a marketing plan to go awry, so why have thatâ€”letâ€™s just ship the game and let players play.â€
Here’s some of the game’s trailer: