The next time Wii U owners boot up their Nintendo Wii U, gamers can download the latest firmware for the console.
The new firmware weighs at around 700MB. As soon as you download the latest firmware, expect the following changes to be implemented:
– Ability to play Wii Games on the Wii U. Unfortunately, you will need to have the Wii Remote with you to play them.
– USB Keyboards now supported
– The Internet can now save passwords, view PDF files, and scrub through videos using the triggers.
– New Miiverse starting screen
– Full Resolution Screenshot is now possible
Those who are hoping that the new firmware will somewhat improve the sluggish menu load times, expect to be disappointed as the load times are still the same.